Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Stan Zwinggi feeling good...

Took a minute with Stan Zwinggi to speak with him about, among other things; Texas State's rushing attack being ranked sixth in the FCS by The Sports Network. Here are a few excerpts from the conversation:

On whether he would like to see more playing time: "My personal opinion, I would like to see some more carries, but you know, some days you're going to have it, some day's you're not. One day, I might be on fire. You get that feel of the game. Then it's the coach's job to realize who's on that game and who should get the most carries. But it's keeping us fresh, rotating like this."

On his 92-yard touchdown run against Cal-Poly last season: "It was probably about after 20 yards (that I knew I had it). Because I broke through two tackles and I saw the corner and safety and once I split them, I knew I was gone. It was awesome. I didn't realize how far it was until I was near the end. I was hoping no one was chasing me."

On his health: "It feels good. I can't tell which foot I broke right now."

Read what Zwinggi and Texas State head coach Brad Wright had to say about ranking here.

No comments: