Sunday, August 3, 2008

An Interview with Dominick Maddox

After the THSCA All-Star Game, I took a minute to speak with Dominick Maddox. Even though he signed a Letter of Intent, he was declared academically ineligible to play for Texas State. He will attend Navarro Junior College next season.

On the excitement of playing for Texas State, then learning he was ineligible: "It was a big change to have that happen. I made a lot of mistakes. I was a little bit lazy in school, so I mean, that's a mistake I made in my life and I have to come back from it. I need to be ready to take the second chance or second opportunity that I have. I just made a bunch of mistakes in high school."

On what he learned from it: "As a young man, you just have to grow up and face the mistakes. I took it like a man. I apologized, you know. I had minor mistakes. I'll come back strong and hopefully I'll get a second chance and it all will be fine."

On getting an opportunity to play at Navarro: "It proves to everybody that I'm not a failure. That's what it is. Football's my life. I'm not going to quit just because of some minor set-backs."

No comments: