Tuesday, March 23, 2010

High School Baseball: An interview with Texas State-bound Blake Bagley

Blake Bagley, who signed to play for Texas State in 2011, pitched Tuesday night against Lehman for San Marcos High. Bagley didn't allow a hit in two innings and struck out three.

The Rattlers didn't need Bagley too much, as they posted an 18-1 win over the Lobos.

Here's what Bagley (at right) had to say about his choice to attend Texas State and his thoughts on the rest of his high school baseball career.

Bagley on why he chose Texas State: "It seemed like they liked me a lot. I felt really good when I went on the visit. I love what they're doing there and I felt at home."

Bagley on how many other school were seeking his services: "I had a few others, but I felt like Texas State was the right choice for me."

Bagley on what he's working on during his senior year to become a better pitcher: "I'm trying to get tougher mentally. I used to worry about how many hits an opponent got off me, but while I still want to limit them the best I can, they don't get to me as much."

Bagley on what he feels his biggest strength is: "I play the game the right way. I hustle every play and make sure I give my all every game. I feel my teammates and coaches deserve the best."

No comments: