Tuesday, August 10, 2010

College Football: Quotables from Media Day (D.J. Hall)

Road grader. 2010 Preaseason All-American Offensive Lineman. Avid reader.

Believe it or not, all of those phrases apply to Texas State junior D.J. Hall.

Read on to find out what Hall had to say at the Bobcats' 2010 Media Day.

On being recognized by several publications as one of the best offensive linemen in the FCS: "It feels good, but at the same time, you can't focus on it. You have to think about your teammates. You have to put them first because if the whole team does well, then you look good."

On what he's improved on since his first start to now: "I've definitely gotten more physical. I also know the offense way better than my first year. I'm a lot more confident."

On how important it is to him to be physical: "It all starts with us. If we're soft, we're not going to be able to run the ball nor will the quarterback have enough time to throw a pass or anything. We set the tempo."

On if he's worried about how the offensive line will mesh with a few new faces: "We're strong and solid. We meshed really well in the spring and it's definitely going to carry over into the season."

On where his mind is going into this season: "I'm thinking about the University of Houston. That's where my focus is. My long-term goal is to win every game and be conference champion, but my short-term goal is to focus on the next game. I know — and I'm sure my teammates feel the same way — that we're ready to knock someone into place who thinks they're better than us."

On his passion outside of football: "Reading. I have an entire bookshelf full of books I read back at my house."

Check back in tomorrow for more quotes from Texas State Media Day. Tomorrow, the Cats' Cradle will feature Preseason All-SLC Second-Team DL Adley Eshraghipour.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice series of articles Tyler!

San Marcos Daily Record said...

Thanks for the compliment. I thought fans would be interested in hearing what the Bobcats had to say at Media Day.