Thursday, January 21, 2010

Excerpts from my interview with Travis Bush

I recently talked with former Texas State associate head coach and co-offensive coordinator Travis Bush. He stepped down from his position with the Bobcats to take a similar position with UTSA.

Q: Why did you leave a Top 25 program like Texas State for another that won't begin competitive play until 2011?

A: It's not that one school is better than the other or that something is wrong at Texas State. It was an opportunity that came about and I evaluated the opportunity and at this point of my career, it's a great opportunity. I believe it's an exciting opportunity and a great experience I can get working over here and starting a program. I think it's going to be valuable for the goals that I have set for my career.

Q: What are your goals?

A: My goals are to be a Division I college coach and a head coach some day.

Q: Did feel that you couldn't pursue those goals at Texas State?

A: You reach a point where you need to be working toward those goals and if you're at a point where you're not working toward those goals, you need to change something or you need to change your goals.

Q: What was the toughest part of your decision?

A: The toughest part was looking those quarterbacks in the eye and talking with the coaches that I'm great friends with.


Be sure to read more in Friday's print edition of the Daily Record.

No comments: