Wednesday, January 27, 2010

College Basketball: Recapping Wednesday's 76-62 win

Texas State beat up Texas-San Antonio Wednesday night in front of 3,519 fans at Strahan Coliseum. The Bobcats made their 76-62 win look easy after shooting 56 percent from the floor (28 for 50) and 43 percent from 3-point land.

Emmanuel Bidias a Moute had a monster game for Texas State, finishing with seven points, 15 rebounds, eight assists and four blocks. The Roadrunners were no match for Moute, as he dominated UTSA forwards Terry Fields and Demarco Stepter.

Cameron Johnson had another impressive performance for the Bobcats, pouring in 22 points and pulling down 10 rebounds. It was the first time this season Johnson had back-to-back 20-point games.


Player of the Game: It was a two-horse race between Moute and Johnson, but my vote goes to Moute. It was his first home conference start and he didn't look nervous at all. Plus, just look at his stat line.

Trend of the Game: Texas State dominated the post against UTSA. The Bobcats had 10 points in the paint in the first six minutes, 31 seconds of the game and jumped out to a 20-6 lead. Texas State finished with 36 points in the paint.

Quotables

Moute on his game: “Offensively, I’m not trying to force anything. If I have a shot and I can feel that I can take it, I’ll take it. If it’s not the right shot for me and I can make the extra pass to one of my teammates since he has a better shot, I’ll make that extra pass. Defensively, I want to help my teammates off screens and get defensive rebounds.”

Johnson on Moute: “He’s pretty calm and cool most of the time, but when it’s game time, he turns into a completely different person. He’s a beast.”

Texas State head coach Doug Davalos on Moute: "I'm not shocked at (what he did). He's playing with so much heart that you can't imagine it. He has all the ability in the world and that's what we're getting from him. I've been waiting for him to do this and he's doing it."

No comments: