Friday, November 14, 2008

Sure bets for this weekend...

I'm going to try my best to handicap five games this weekend in both college and the NFL.  Take in mind, I'm no better at picking than any other writer out there, but hey, I nailed the Hays-Lehman score last week.  So, without further ado...

1. Texas (-13.5) at Kansas: Judging how the Longhorns played last week against Baylor, it seems they might come out firing against the Jayhawks.  It's supposed to be cold though, so it could have a factor.  I would take Kansas.

2. Oklahoma State (-17.5) at Colorado: The Cowboys were throttled last week by Texas Tech and I don't expect it to be close this weekend.  I would safely take Oklahoma State and the points.

3. South Carolina at Florida (-23): The Gators have been putting a hurting on every one of their opponents since losing to Mississippi.  Florida could be primed for an upset.  I don't see the Gators winning by more than 20, so take the Gamecocks.

4. Baltimore at New York (-6.5): This is a rematch of Super Bowl XXXVII (?).  The Ravens are playing well right now with Joe Flacco at quarterback, but the Giants are too good.  Take New York and the points.

5. Philadelphia (-9) at Cincy: The Bengals are not playing well at all right now and Carson Palmer still isn't healthy.  Look for the Eagles to blitz Cincy all day.  Take Philadelphia and the points.

No comments: