Friday, October 3, 2008

Our feature on Mishak Rivas...

Here's part of the feature we ran on Mishak Rivas in yesterday's Daily Record.

San Marcos — There was no doubt where the opening play from scrimmage for Texas State would go. Well, at least not for the coaches and player involved.

They knew since fall practice began in early August.

“They told me when I had got here the first day of two-a-days that I would get the ball,” freshman wide receiver Mishak Rivas said. “I thought he was bluffing, but as time went on, he told me ‘You’re going to get the first play,’ so then I just had to get prepared for it now and there wasn’t much I could do other than prepare for it and know where I had to run.”

Rivas went in motion against Angelo State and took the handoff from Bradley George around the left end for nine yards. It’s almost like he hasn’t stopped running since.

Texas State kicks off with Texas Southern tomorrow at 5 p.m. What are your thoughts on the game? Will the Bobcats have another disappointing loss, or will they rebound in a huge win?

Be sure to check the blog tomorrow for live updates from the game.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very nice. Im telling you, this kid is special. You will absolutely love the way this guy jukes, spin moves, hurdles, etc.Had the honor of seeing him in high school football for 4 years. Let him get into the rythym, and he will shock you at what he can do.