Saturday, April 17, 2010

College Tennis: A few quotes from Nyssa Peele

Peele on why she left the University of Rhode Island: "The weather up there was very bad. My coach and the program wasn’t as good as it was down here and they didn’t compete at a high enough level."

Peele on her first year at Texas State: "When I first came to Texas State, none of those people on the team were freshmen, so they all knew each other. I was a junior, but I had to be a freshman all over again. I had to learn how the team worked."

Peele on her struggles during her junior year: "I couldn't win because I wasn't mentally tough. I knew I needed to change things, but I was really stubborn and at times I regretted my decision coming to Texas State. I felt like I didn't have any friends here and things off-the-court the affecting me on it."

Peele on recapturing her work ethic during the summer of her final season: "I was really determined because I didn't want to have another season like that and want to feel good on the court. When I got back, even my coach noticed it. It was kind of a rebirth — my senior year."

No comments: