Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Quotes from practice today (9/16)

Texas State senior left tackle Alex Luna

On how to stop a quick defensive end: "Quick feet. Always keep your hands up and never use your body because they'll take advantage of that."

On what goes through his head after a sack and how to conquer it: "I go up to the line and say 'Good job' first. Then, I'm going to make them beat me. I'm not going up to the line thinking 'They're going to beat me.' He has to beat me again if he wants another sack."

Texas State sophomore center Steven Kenney

On getting ready to run block against a great defense: "We're going to try to go in there and roll them out and get our rush yards. We don't like to settle for little rush yards."

Texas State co-offensive coordinator Ben Norton

On TCU's defense: "Everybody on that defense runs to the football. Everybody on that defense knows their assignment. Besides that, they're doing it with some incredibly talented guys. It's going to be a great challenge for us."

No comments: