Thursday, September 4, 2008

Odds and ends...

  • Texas State is ready to try their hand at stopping the SMU's run-and-shoot
  • The Bobcat secondary is excited, just look at what cornerback Drenard Williams said, "I know, every corner, we love these types of games. If a team does 90 percent passing, it means we get practice on our breaking skills, get interceptions and we're ready for it."
  • Against Angelo State, Texas State ran its base defense. Not many blitzes, but crowded the box for the run.
  • Defensive coordinator Fred Bleil expects to throw the kitchen sink at June Jones.
  • Bleil doesn't care if he's preparing to go against Jones or any other coach, he said, "I've been at North Texas two years ago and Tulane last year, we've played talented teams, so it's just another game week for me. I've coached against June Jones before. It doesn't matter to me if they make $2 million or $2, they're just coaches."
  • In an unrelated note, at least to football: construction began on the baseball/softball complex. Trucks removed the stands and press box from the softball field today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like how Coach Bleil thinks. Get after 'em and don't stop!